A candidate who has achieved the Foundation Level certification should be able to:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities
- Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements, and acceptance criteria as appropriate
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels
The Foundation Level Agile Tester certification is designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within organizations that plan to do so.
ISTQB Foundation certification is a prerequisite for this course.
Course and Exam format
Over 2 intensive days, you will receive instruction in the topics that will be on the exam. The course contains theoretical review, practical exercises, and discussion. In general, there will be a high level of participation from the students. Expect approximately 10 hours for readings before the start of the course, as well as 2-3 hours of homework in the evenings, after class.
The 1-hour exam has 40 multiple choice questions with no assistance allowed. You must answer at least 65% correctly to pass the exam. The exam is in English. Those whose native language is not English will have an extra 15 minutes to take the exam.
If you are more than 5 people from same organisation, it can be beneficial to consider the course as in-house training. We conduct the course exclusively for your employees, either as standard as described or tailored to your needs.
Advantages of in-house training
- Financial savings for more than 5 people
- Intensive exchange of experiences and knowledge sharing
- Employees gain a common understanding of the subject
- Opportunity for unique customization based on your own methods and processes
Contact us to learn more about how we can customize a program specifically for your company.
1. Agile Software Development
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
2. Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices, and Processes
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status of Testing in Agile Projects
- Role and Skills of a Tester in an Agile Team
3. Agile Testing Methods, Techniques, and Tools
- Agile Testing Methods
- Assessing Quality Risks and Estimating Test Effort
- Techniques in Agile Projects
- Tools in Agile Projects
Meet our Trainer
Meet Lars, the Lead Education Architect and instructor. He holds a degree in computer science, is a certified teacher, and has been working with IT in various forms. Lars has experience with testing and quality management tools through his carreer. Lars has a background as a professional illustrator, having designed books and newspaper covers, among other things. His ability to draw and facilitate is used extensively in his courses, to the delight of the participants. Lars teaches a range of courses, including ISTQB Foundation, Advanced Test Manager, Advanced Technical Test Analyst, Agile Extension, and everything in between.
ISTQB Agile Tester Extension