This intensive course will give you an internationally recognized certification in software testing, as well as the following other benefits:
- A professional approach to software testing
- Expanded ISTQB terminology
- More tools to make testing efficient
- Expanded knowledge of testing techniques
- Knowledge of best practices
The ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course is a certification course for software testers who wish to increase their knowledge of testing techniques. It is also recommended for test co-ordinators, test managers, and other responsible for testing at all levels. Regardless of your expectations, our experience in teaching this course is that students who have been trained specifically in testing techniques (e.g., in the Testing Techniques course we offer) have a greater chance of succeeding on the exam.
The first 2 modules of the course consist of a full review of the curriculum. The 3rd module will be a full day of practice before the exam. Our courses are marked by a high level of individual activity. All theory is tested through practice tasks and cases. Expect 20-30 hours of preparation before the course, as well as 10-20 hours between modules. The course, materials, and exam are all in Danish.
The exam is developed by the Danish division of ISTQB, the Danish Software Testing Board (DSTB), and is administered by Dansk IT. The exam is a 3-hour, advanced multiple choice test based on a series of cases. There are approximately 65 questions, and you must answer at least 65% correctly to pass the exam.
Our instructors are not only used to teaching software testing — they also have many years of practical experience from various IT projects, as well as knowledge of best practices, so you get the best instruction possible. They receive an average of 4.6/5 in reviews from students.
The course is an ISTQB-approved certification course. It covers:
- Testing processes and metrics
- Risk-based testing for selecting test cases
- More than 9 different testing techniques:
- Equivalence partitioning
- Boundary value analysis
- Decision tables
- Cause-effect graphs
- State transition testing
- Classification trees
- Pairwise testing
- Use case testing
- User story testing
- Domain analysis
- Defect- and experience-based techniques.
- Software characteristic testing
- Testing tools and automation
- Incident management
This 4-day course is divided into 2 modules, plus exam.
If you are more than 5 people from same organisation, it can be beneficial to consider the course as in-house training. We conduct the course exclusively for your employees, either as standard as described or tailored to your needs.
Advantages of in-house training
- Financial savings for more than 5 people
- Intensive exchange of experiences and knowledge sharing
- Employees gain a common understanding of the subject
- Opportunity for unique customization based on your own methods and processes
Contact us to learn more about how we can customize a program specifically for your company.