You will gain a practical approach to agile development theory, as well as the following other benefits:
- Appreciate the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and the agile approach to software development
- Understand the role of a business analyst in agile development
- Business analysis in agile contexts
- Analysis techniques for agile projects
- Estimation and planning
Understand the importance of effective sprint reviews and how to contribute to ongoing process improvement using retrospectives.
The target audience for this course is everyone who works with business analysis or engaged business analysts who wish to understand business analysis in agile contexts.
It is recommended that you have a basic understanding of the role of a business analyst in system development, and an understanding of the system development process. IREB® CPRE Foundation Level or a corresponding level of knowledge is strongly recommended in order to learn the fundamental skills of requirements analysis before participating in this course.
Course and Exam format
This course is both theoretical and practical. We will work with theory throughout the course, through exercises and discussions. There will also be 2–3 hours of homework after each day of instruction, involving readings and problems to solve.
The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions, to be answered on paper in 75 minutes. If English is your native language, you will have only 60 minutes. You must answer at least 65% of the questions correctly to pass the exam.
If you are more than 5 people from same organisation, it can be beneficial to consider the course as in-house training. We conduct the course exclusively for your employees, either as standard as described or tailored to your needs.
Advantages of in-house training
- Financial savings for more than 5 people
- Intensive exchange of experiences and knowledge sharing
- Employees gain a common understanding of the subject
- Opportunity for unique customization based on your own methods and processes
Contact us to learn more about how we can customize a program specifically for your company.
1. Business analysis, the Agile Manifesto, and agile principles
2. The role of a business analyst in an agile project
3. Agile techniques for business analysts
4. Thinking like the client, and what is business value
5. Avoid waste
6. Understand what is possible
7. Co-operation and ongoing improvement
Certified Agile Business Analyst