You will gain insight into the different directions in which the role of test manager can develop in different organisations, depending on how a given organisation chooses to shift to agile development. In many organisations, development follows a mix of waterfall and agile methods. We will examine how the role can be filled in such a situation.
The course will give you:
- An understanding of how the role changes as an organisation becomes more agile
- An overview of where quality is created in agile development
- Knowledge of how the role can contribute to agile principles
- Knowledge of how planning, oversight, and control can be performed
- Training in agile principles
- An understanding of servant leadership
- Knowledge of how you can develop personally
You have worked as a test manager for several years, and preferably also received the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certification. You are also familiar with agile development and have some experience with Scrum or another agile development model. Having taken the Testing in Agile Projects course is advantageous.
The course is based on active participant involvement, with lots of exercises, discussions, and sharing of experiences. Expect about 1 hour of preparatory reading before the course. You will receive a preparatory email with articles, etc. about 1 week before the start of the course.
Our instructors are not only used to teaching software testing — they also have many years of practical experience from various IT projects, as well as knowledge of best practices, so you get the best instruction possible. They receive an average of 4.96/5 in reviews from students.
This course uses concepts from, and refers to, techniques and methods from the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certification and uses Scrum as a reference for agile development. The course includes:
- An overview of quality in an agile project
- The development/execution of the role in an agile model
- Agile principles and test management
- Test management artefacts
- Agile test plans
- Test management processes
- Agile metrics
- Tailoring tasks to their contexts
- Servant leadership
- How to continue developing personally
The course lasts 2 days.